Will AW or Xs sell out first?

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
Planning my strategy—which to order first: gold SS AW or gold iXs?

Depends on which I think will sell out first.

Thoughts?

bodonnell202

macrumors 65832
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm guessing the AW, it's a fairly big upgrade this year and will sell well. I suspect the Xs Max will sell out quickly as well since it is a new product category, but if you're after the regular Xs it probably won't be as popular since the folks that really wanted that form factor bought an X last year and only some of those upgrade annually.

Reactions: jbizzybeetle

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2015
I'm guessing the AW, it's a fairly big upgrade this year and will sell well. I suspect the Xs Max will sell out quickly as well since it is a new product category, but if you're after the regular Xs it probably won't be as popular since the folks that really wanted that form factor bought an X last year and only some of those upgrade annually.
From your lips to God’s ears. ;) I also have to order a second iXs in silver for daughter to replace 6s.

Mabus51

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
The phones are pretty much a dud this year. Nothing but a small speed bump per usual S model line. Seriously with iOS 12 installed on a X the speed bump in the S model is so insignificant you won’t even notice. The only ones that will sell out-ish are the Max lineup for those that have waited to upgrade their Plus model. The others I don’t think will be in super high demand except maybe a specific color for the R series.

The new Watch on the other hand I believe will have high demand and will sellout just as fast as the Series 3 did last year. Even series 3 owners are looking to upgrade already to the 4. Due to the price increase of the Watch I believe the Aluminum models will be the hot seller. It now costs as much as the Stainless Steel version used to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.