Will AW2 run data automatically transfer to my Garmin account?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Long Run Nick, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

Been running for 3 weeks with the AW2 and my Garmin 235- over 150 miles. The activity app shows both device results- most of the time relatively close. If I run with just the AW will that run show up on my Garmin Connect? Thanks.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No and the only workaround is to export Health data to an app like RunGap and then export a GPX file to Connect. However there will not be any map/GPS data.

3. Long Run Nick thread starter macrumors regular

Julien, thanks. Too much effort. It looks like I will be like Ray Maker and wear a couple watches when I run. Ran 8 this AM with both my 235 and AW2, closest they have been for distance- AW with Nike app showed 8.01 while the Garmin showed 8.0. Pace was within 3 seconds. Strangely, I used the Nike app w/HR and no HR on the Garmin. Nike showed pretty close to what I usually see, but there was no HR recorded in the Nike app. The AW activity app reflected the HR from the Nike app. Go figure.
    I think I will run with the Garmin w/HR and the Nike app w/o HR. The Nike app burned 40% in just over 1 1/2 hours. This w/o my phone.
    I can't believe a member posted a 4 1/2 hour bike ride and then a 30 min walk and the watch had burned only 45%. Nick

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

This can happen if the AW is linked to the phone and using the phone's GPS.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

To add to exxxviii post. They posted that they had their iPhone with them. This offloads GPS from the :apple:Watch to the iPhone and saves a 'ton' of battery life.

6. Long Run Nick thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I will be able to sleep better tonight:)