Will backing up to computer/iCloud save game save data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RolandNights, Sep 18, 2012.

1. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm planning on upgrading to the iPhone 5 eventually, but I'm curious about game save data when restoring from a backup. Does game save data restore from backups? Now obviously some games have different ways of saving (i.e., some save specifically to iCloud or to their own servers), but will my information restore exactly as it was when I backed it up?

I guess that goes the same way for the rests of my non-game apps as well, like having to log in to everything all over again and configure all their settings, etc. Thanks for any help guys.

2. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

If you restore from a backup it should so long as the old and new phones are under the same apple ID. On the rare chance it does not, you can use 3rd party programs to open your iPhone backup files on your computer and copy them manualy to the app folder on your iPhone, although its not user friendly and takes some digging. Overall I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure you backup of course.

3. novatwin macrumors newbie

4. M87 macrumors 65816

Yes, if the app is set to backup to iCloud. That's kind of the whole point of backing up...

Though they really should incorporate game saves to Gamecenter somehow.