Will be able to open it one-handed??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MrNick95, Apr 1, 2015.

1. MrNick95 macrumors newbie

This may seem like a dumb question, but the more I think about it, the more I realize I'm maybe not so crazy....do you guys think that we will still be able to open the MacBook with one hand (and not holding down the bottom part of the computer)?

Because if you think about it, the computer is lighter. But then you tell me "well the 11inch air is almost as thin and does open one handed" ...but the 11inch doesn't have a heavy, thick...and the 12 inch is bigger and a little heavier...

I've been trying to look at the hands on video on YouTube to see if someone attempt to it but I didn't find anything so far...

Of course this isn't a big deal but still, the feeling I get when I used to open my MBA one handed was magical...

So what do you think? Will we be able to open the MacBook one handed?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Hey nobody is lazier than me, I don't lift a second finger if I don't have to and yet I use 2 hands to open my 11" Air. It doesn't bother me, and once open, I tend to want to position the laptop at my comfort position, with two hands.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

I have been wondering the same.

In the Vietnamese (see Front Page) hands-on video it appears the guy tries to do it with one hand but ends up having to use his other hand, too. So perhaps it just isn't heavy enough in proportion to the firmness of the hinge.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My guess is it'll be like the air. If you give the lid an ever-so-slight bounce-pull, it'll open one handed. I am guessing the MB will be the same. It's likely they'll use weaker magnets... imagine if they put the MBP magnets on the MBA, you'd have to tug to get it open, LOL

5. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Have you watched any of the hands on videos? Yes, it can be opened with one hand.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Iopener from Apple. For your MacBook. $79. Opens your device when you say, " Hey Siri, Open Sesame".

7. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

seriously, check those videos again. it takes 3 hands to open the new macbook...meaning you need a friend, or family member (or well-trained pet) to open the lid.

closing it is simpler...

8. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

According to the video, it opens itself and floats in air while spinning circles and opening and closing like a talking clam. LOL

And have you seen those commercials for the hair removal tools they sell on TV? The ladies are smiling like they're getting a massage as their hair is ripped from their body. hahahaha

9. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

I can't even open my MBA one-handed.

----------

Because we're not wimps :)