Will be buying a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seahawk09, Sep 25, 2008.

1. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I will be in the market for a Mac book Pro in the VERY near future, could someone tell me if I would be able to run Vista on it if I chose to???

Thanks in advance

Richard:D

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Upgrade rumored for Oct 14 so you might want to wait a bit.

3. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

4. vixapphire macrumors 6502

on a related note, is vista now the useable MSOS, or should I be looking for a copy of XP instead? anticipated use is for MS office, citrix, etc. (officework related crap); the mac side will be for my personal life, logic pro, etc.

how cross-compatible is the current mac version of MSoffice? I have the first officeX, and it's come to a point where documents no longer properly translate to word for windows at work; never used to be a problem until about a year ago or less.

does anyone use the citrix client for mac os? is it pretty much same as using the windows version? my office has a citrix "outside" login thing, the entire place runs on winXP.

wondering whether it even makes sense or is necessary to go to the hassle of bootcamping, given the foregoing.

any voices of experience lending comment and advice will be most appreciated! hoping to finally upgrade out of my g4 powerbook into an intel machine sometime very soon (next day or so to next couple weeks, depending).

thanks!

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

For office work, and greater flexibility, Fusion/Parallels should do fine. But if you want to save that $50-$80, Boot Camp works and will perform better, since it is native and not virtualization.

For the mac version of office, it's very compatible with office for windows. I have both so I know. Not sure about citrix, since I'm a student, but I imagine it to be a business thing. Should work the same.