Will be new to iphone. can i type sans typos after practice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjn419, Jun 4, 2010.

1. sjn419 macrumors regular

I waited in line for the original iphone way back but returned it in a week because i didnt like the feel of the keyboard and kept make numerous typos. Well after 2 years of blackberry im sick of the lack of good apps and realized I'm not really a power user so I dont need a BB so I will be getting the 4G.

I realize I only experienced the iphone for one week and that wasnt nearly enough to learn the device so I ask you users, are typos a constant struggle or are you able to type well. (my ex that I texted ~2k times a month had an iphone and she had a lot of typos)

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I say go type with your index finger first and gradually move to thumb typing.

3. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

I nver havve avy typis and ivs had my Iphone for a few yeard.

For reals though you should be fine after a few days, especially with auto correct. Auto correct works well like 90% of the time if not more.

Welcome back to the party!

4. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried the hunt and peck index finger technique successfully. I need double thumb speed typing precision!

5. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Yes, you'll be fine. I find that if you let the auto-correct think for you and just hit where you think the keys are, it's about 95% accurate, if not just re-read it after your done to spot any mistakes.

I've had an iPhone since November 2007, lost my iPhone 3G in March and have been using a physical QWERTY keyboard on my Palm Centro and I feel like an idiot because I type so slow. I just don't really have to think about it on the iPhone.

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I was pretty fast on both of my Blackberries and actually stayed with them longer because I thought there was no way I'd be able to get used to the iPhone keyboard. It took me all of about a day before I was comfortable and maybe 2 days before I was faster than I'd ever been on either of my BBs. Now, the only time I find typos a problem is when I'm walking and typing at the same time; even then, all I have to do is slow down and I'm good.

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I do double thumb really fast and can mostly do it without looking at the screen. If you can, do the thumbing technique slowly first to get your thumbs used to the rhythm of typing on a device since you are moving from buttons to bare glass.

8. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats great to hear typos arent an issue. I guess my ex was just sloppy-glad I dumped her! oh wait, she dumped me bahaha :(

Actually typing on my blackberry bold is flawless-effortless. Best keyboard I've ever used by far. Too bad you cant do anything else

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Good thing about iPhone is that if make common errors, it corrects it for you. Your iPhone 4 will be your gf for like a day or two.