Will be switching over to a mac mini from a windows laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by imotox, Jun 20, 2009.

1. imotox macrumors newbie

Ok, so the charger port on my computer eats up every charger that I plug into it. Instead of constantly taking my laptop apart and having to replace the DC jack every week or so :eek:, i want to buy a mac mini. The only problem is though that I do not know what the max resolution of the mac mini is. I am thinking of buying a monitor off of Newegg, and the mini from apple's website. I am going to be upgrading the $600 mini to max ram, keyboard and mouse, and max processor. So it is gonna be a 2.26 GHz mac mini that I will be using...

If someone could either point out a good mac mini monitor on newegg, or tell me the max res on the mini, that would be much help.

EDIT: I am going to be waiting to buy a mac mini until Snow Leopard comes out. Now I just have to hope I can last that long with this Piece of Sh*t computer =p. Just a good tip for everyone, NEVER buy HP (even if your life depends on it). They break to easy and their support SUCKS!

thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

"Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on a DVI or VGA display; up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on a dual-link DVI display using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)"

from here

3. tallguy macrumors regular

I'm going to say you should get this monitor. I want it but don't need it so I think you should have it. :rolleyes:

4. imotox thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I have one other question. If I buy a mac mini within a couple of weeks, would I be eligible for the discounted price for Mac OSX Snow Leopard?

¡:apple:!

5. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Probably only if you buy it in the last couple of weeks or so before the SL launch date. A tricky one, for timing, to get right! Late August, at least.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Wrong. Why don't you go to Apple's site and read front page stories before making false speculation of well known facts?

Here is the fact:
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

7. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I think that once a new OS release has been officially announced you would be eligible. So you should be eligible now. But even if you are not, is the $20 difference between the discount and full price worth waiting for? I could see if Snow Leopard was $129 like previous releases, but Apple have announced that it will be $29 for anyone with Leopard, which is what the new mini will come with.

8. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

Everybody with Leopard is eligible for the 29 dollar upgrade. Apple announce that at their bit conference I believe. So if he purchases the mac mini right now he'll be just fine.