Will Best Buy sell the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KnowNol, Jun 7, 2010.

1. KnowNol macrumors member

They sold the iPhone 3GS last year. Will they sell the iPhone 4 on the release?

2. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Finally!!!

I was just about to post this question since I can't find an answer anywhere. I went to best buy today to purchase a blu-ray player and figured I would ask the guy who was selling cell phones. He said he hadn't heard that best buy would or would not be selling the iPhone 4 on the release date or at all. He did say he would be very surprised to hear that best buy would NOT be selling them.

Basically I don't know the answer and neither did anyone at best buy. I am hoping they do sell it because I have some serious gift cards and I know what I want to do with them!!

3. brown921 macrumors newbie

4. KnowNol thread starter macrumors member

Best Buy Bing cash back at 20% can that be used on an iPhone?

5. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Hey just an update as I've posted this on another thread. I called the local best buy store as well as the 1-800 number and was told the same thing, best buy does not do pre-orders you can wait in line on the 24th and hope you get one. Someone posted the quantities on another thread it and looked like if you weren't one of the first 15 you weren't guaranteed a 16gb. I will try to locate and update once I find with the link.:D

6. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Even RadioShack will be selling the iPhone 4 on Launch day.

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The options of where to purchase an iPhone 4 this year are definitely in abundance. Good move by AT&T & Apple :cool:

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Best buy did pre-orders last year it varys by store. Some started taking preorders earlier than others.

9. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Hmm I guess it would vary from different stores. Maybe the customer service people at the 1-800 number won't know till closer to launch, but as of right now I was told that no best buy store would be doing pre-orders (by the customer service number). Maybe they will closer to the 15th. Just my 2 cents .:D

10. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Sweet thanks so I guess that would make sense why the 1-800 guy told me no pre-orders only on launch day because they haven't released any information on that. Thanks again small white car I knew I saw the information somewhere the amounts best buy would be getting on launch day :)

11. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Best Buy pre-order option, otherwise who knows if there will be any in stock by the time I can get to a store on the 24th.

Question though. I got my iPhone and AT&T service at an Apple store, will Best Buy be able to just extend my current contract 2 years like Apple and AT&T stores? (I've got unlimited data and I definitely want to keep that.)

12. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

13. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

I chatted with bestbuy mobile on bestbuy.com and they said they will be doing a iPhone 4 pre-order on the 15th. They said all you have to do is go to the store you want to pick the device up from on the 15th and they can do the pre-order for you.

That's what I was told.

This is what she said - 12:56 PM Elisabeth:
    We are doing a pre order on the 15th. You will want to go to the store you are wanting to pick up the phone from.

14. ValenR macrumors member

That's it ? Did you ask about no-commitment iPhones ? Like, will one be able to buy the full retail priced iPhone without hassling with AT&T contracts ?

15. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Hahaha I decided to get on the site and got the same woman see conversation below:

2:46 PM Connecting...
    2:46 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    2:47 PM Support session established with Elisabeth.
    2:47 PM Elisabeth:
    This session may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance purposes. Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile where we provide Impartial, Informed Advice, and straightforward pricing.
    How can I help you today?
    2:48 PM Me:
    There is a copy of a conversation on a forum with you guys stating that you guys will offer pre-orders on the iphone 4? Where is that information?
    2:49 PM Elisabeth:
    We are doing a pre order on the 15th. You will want to go to the store you are wanting to pick up the phone from.
    2:50 PM Me:
    Can I have a link to that information I called 1-800 and they said no pre-orders
    2:50 PM Me:
    I would rather get my phone from best buy and this will help me make my decision.
    2:51 PM Elisabeth:
    I am sorry there is no link to that information as they told us that we are doing the pre orders.
    2:51 PM Me:
    Will we be allowed to purchase no-commitment Iphone for the full price or just with att service?
    2:51 PM Elisabeth:
    I am sorry I do not have that information at this time.
    2:52 PM Me:
    ok thanks i appreciate it i am happy to know i can use my rewards at best buy to purchase a phone where i have always done so in the past
    2:52 PM Elisabeth:
    Are there any other questions that I can help you with today?
    2:52 PM Me:
    no thank you very much.

16. Built macrumors 68020

Just called my local Best Buy...where they know me well...I was told (but I will STILL verify with a manager) that they will be taking pre-orders on the 15th.

I still don't know if I believe that since I can't seem to find anything in writing confirming that...and I don't want to take my chances of losing a place in the early pre-order line with Apple on the 15th. I will keep calling until I can get hold of the manager (he comes in tomorrow).

17. Built macrumors 68020

I MAY do a pre-order with Apple...and then go to the Best Buy store on the 15th. I can always cancel the pre-order with Apple.

18. ValenR macrumors member

Nice JeninNC XD

So yeah...basically, no information as always lol

I'm more concerned about being able to buy the phone without hassle* than whether we can pre-order or not lol

*no need for AT&T contract and any sign ups blablabla

19. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Sorry I tried I saw your request.

20. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

As long as I can get it with my Best Buy card for the $299 (32GB) price with my same contract I have now (which my 2yr period ends this month) I'll be happy. Even if I have to wait a few days past the 24th (though I hope not).

21. Built macrumors 68020

I definitely would prefer to get Reward Zone credits for this purchase...I'm saving up certificates and gift cards for a 2nd gen iPad (I have almost 400 bucks so far)...but I am not willing to wait indefinitely for Best Buy...

22. ValenR macrumors member

NP :p You tried :D
    Guess I'll have to wait after launch...or til more concrete infos appear.