will blackberry data plan work on iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by devito19, Oct 10, 2011.

1. devito19 macrumors newbie

hi, i am a registered customer of vodafone (australia) with a plan with blackberry. i am planning to switch from blackberry to iphone and wondering, will i be able to stick the blackberry sim card into the iphone and get all the data and internet services? because some friend of mine told that i'm not going to get the internet service. just the phone calls and texts. please help, appreciate it very very much. cheers!!

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Vodafone Australia should work however they would probably charge you insane data rates using a blackberry data plan with an iPhone. You should call them and change to a non-blackberry, iPhone plan.

I once got charged like 1000$ from Vodafone after making that mistake.

3. devito19 thread starter macrumors newbie

can i do that? i mean, can i change from blackberry to iphone plan?

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It depends. It's probably worth calling their fantastic customer service representatives.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

At The Moment

Nothing is working on Blackberry:D

RIM have serious server issues and people can't retrieve email etc. Seems to be a regional thing.....Man people screaming about this in Europe.

6. devito19 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, thanks than for your help. will go to the vodafone counter as soon as i get back to australia ;)

really? why is that happening? iphone's better though :p but i must say i prefer bb's mail app than iphone's :confused: