Will Blackbook cease to exist?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kanketsu, Apr 17, 2008.

1. kanketsu macrumors member

Well, with the rumor going strong hinting that Apple will put "black on silver" theme on the next Macbook design, I am worry about about the possibility that the Blackbook will not have a place in their next oreo generation.
    :confused:

I truly hope that Apple will still offer a solid all-black option among their next Macbook line; something like the current Blackbook.

What do you think?

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Well the "Whitebook" will disappear, as well, if they go to an Al enclosure...

I imagine Apple would prefer to have a common look and feel across their hardware line, dominated by Al.

3. supergrandma macrumors member

Perhaps Apple will update the new aluminum MacBooks to reflect the current iPod classic lineup: the traditional silver aluminum will replace the white plastic, and black aluminum will replace the current black plastic. Just a thought.

4. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I do hope there will still be a "black al" instead of oreo al. Of course, I would be dumbfounded if it does come in black ... but with silver keyboard :eek: (Altough some may find that interesting. As for me.. all black, please)

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yea, I'd think so. The MacBook doesn't match with anything in Apple line up. I'd think the Mac Mini would replace the white part with black, but the iPod and iPod shuffle cast some doubt on that idea.

But the all white and all black Apple laptop are on their way out, I'd imagine

6. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

You really confused me???:confused:

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Haha, sorry, a bit tired, running on caffeine.

I meant the MacBook doesn't match with anything else Apple makes, while the Mac Mini matches with the iPod shuffle and iPod classic(the Alum and white one)...so I'd guess Apple's dropping all white or black in favor of alum+black, or alum+white

8. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i agree 100% the macbooks will reflect the "classic ipods" and the macbook pros will go the route of the touch. black and aluminum all the way. bye bye white.

9. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

Apple orders aluminum 13-inch MacBook shells, 3G iPhone chips

Thursday, April 17, 2008
    Apple orders aluminum 13-inch MacBook shells, 3G iPhone chips

By Aidan Malley
    Published: 08:00 AM EST
    Separate reports have revealed that Apple's next wave of products for 2008 is soon to enter various stages of production, with orders placed for aluminum shells for the company's next-generation 13-inch MacBooks and a manufacturer chosen for the iPhone's 3G chipset.

Related AppleInsider articles:
    Report: Apple prepping Australia for June...
    Latest iPhone 2.0 beta reveals 3G chipset
    3G iPhone to launch mid-year with Infineon...
    Analyst sees 3G iPhone from Apple by Christmas
    Quanta lands orders for future iPhone - report
    A worker at a Taiwanese case manufacturer posting to one of the Taiwan's largest technology forums claims (link withheld to protect identity) that his unnamed employer has just this week received orders to produce enclosures for new MacBook systems.

Having signed a non-disclosure agreement with Apple, the worker was hesitant to respond to questions on the matter from fellow members of the discussion forum, but did initially let slip that the order was for traditional aluminum-colored casings only.

The report appears to corroborate AppleInsider's source information on the subject, echoing assertions that white cases will disappear from the MacBook lineup, replaced instead by a silver, anodized aluminum enclosures reminiscent of those used in the MacBook Air and latest iMacs.

Few other details escaped along with the leak, though people familiar with Apple's plans have previously mentioned preserving the 13-inch screen and performing "trimming" around the borders of the next-gen notebooks, which should receive their makeover with their next update sometime in the second half of the year.

10. BlackThunder macrumors member

I hope not.. even if they switch to aluminum I hope they keep the black option..

11. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

I hope...

...that they keep the black and white option and just add a 13 inch model in aluminum with true MBP specs=separate graphics card. The only difference, spec wise, in a Blackbook and a baseline MBP is the outer casing, screen size, multi touch and Graphics card. This would better speak to the disenfranchised 12 inch PBG4 users as the MBA sacrifices too many features.:apple:

12. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Eep! I sure hope Apple doesn't drop the black option.

Just look at the MacBook Air, the black keyboard on grey aluminium looks rather out of place... quite tacky I think.

Black Aluminium would be seriously cool. Assuming the black finish isn't just painted on -- wouldn't want to scratch it and have bare metal showing through! Then there is the alleged problems with Wifi reception using a aluminium shell.

Oh, and don't forget the Black Tax that we BlackBooks buyers willingly paid! ;)

13. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

good thing i just bought mine and it should last me a while, love the black color. when its on and the white apple lights up its just pure sexyness.

14. kanketsu thread starter macrumors member

15. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Think once they go silver the white and black are gone forever.

16. EmptyCalm macrumors member

the aluminum cases don't look all that great in my opionion...

17. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I hope they don't get rid of the Blackbook. It would be nice if the Aluminum Macbook was just an option and they keep the black and white pretty much the way they are. Other colors would be nice too.

18. Natsu macrumors member

I hope they keep both the whites and the blacks, the white represents apple and the black macbooks are for many consumer's demand. Then the aluminum comes because its environmental friendly. I will buy the aluminum macbook if they make it thiner than the black book or the white book.