Will bodyguradz fit under cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphonefanatic, Apr 2, 2009.

1. iphonefanatic macrumors member

Hey Guy,

Does anyone know if the bodyguardz will work with the speck candyshell or incipio feather?

Thanks in advance!

2. mrXniick macrumors member

Have the feather, and i HIGHLY doubt the back film will fit. The front however should have no issues.

3. iphonefanatic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,
    Is the feather really that tight a fit. Also, do you have any scratches from using the feather?

4. mrXniick macrumors member

the feather is an extremely tight fit, and feels like there is nothing on the phone. For me, the feather has not caused any scratches, the case that DID cause scratches for me was the stupid incase slider.

5. iphonefanatic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,

The slider scratched by bezel alot, and the agent 18 managed to scratch the back

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I tried the feather with my body guardz and it didnt fit right. so i peeled off thr back and cleaned it off real well. Then i took scotch tape and put a thin layer over the whole back of the phone except camera of course and it fits perfect and wont get scratched. I was just to skeptical of the feather by itself.

7. iphonefanatic thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone know if the candyshell fits with the bodyguardz??

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

seriously are you going to make a post about every single iphone case ever made ?

There is a simple rule of thumb for this, if the case is air tight, then the case will not fit over the bodyguardz shield

9. iphonefanatic thread starter macrumors member

Well i have heard mixed reviews about many cases, and am just trying to find the best one since im not satisfied with my capsule rebel or incase slider. Also I have also heard different opinions about the bodyguardz with candyshell combo. If you are so pissed off then dont even read the post.

10. RIPNHL2005 macrumors member

I have the Rebel Serpent and love the case but the bad thing about it is that it peels up and bubbles just about any kind of screen protector you put on the screen, even the ones that come with it.

The ONLY one that works is the 2G screen protector which is smaller and leaves a small gap all the way around so the rebel case doesnt push up against it.

11. iphonefanatic thread starter macrumors member

At first I loved the rebel, but the saggy bottom is so annoying.

12. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Here's the deal with the Candyshell and Bodyguardz. I have both (well, actually BSE, but same concept).

It DOES fit with the Bodyguardz, but not perfectly. What I mean is that the button covers - where the case covers the power button and volume buttons - will not align properly, so you will have to exert a bit more effort to push them.

Without the bodyguardz, the slightest effort will push the button. It's nicely designed that way, but with the bodygyuardz, it is much more difficult.

So, if you can live with that, then go for it. Otherwise, keep looking. I can tell you that the case that fits the best with skins, IMO, is the iSkin Solo.

13. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I have the Feather w/ a BSE on right now and the case doesn't come as far up on the chrome due to the additional bulk. Not ideal but not bad considering that it feels like there's nothing on the phone.

I"m also considering the iSkin Solo FX in purple that was just released. It looks sooo pretty but $33 for a case seems steep to me.

Actually...question if you have the iSkin solo in Blue. The pictures look more purple than blue. Can someone post pics if you have one? Thanks!!

14. iphonefanatic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help.

My candyshell just arrived and I am using it with the bodyguradz.... The button is slightly annoying, but I am enjoying this combo.

15. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Love the Speck case!

Just got my white/cranberry Speck case today and it fits well w/ a BSE. Sooo pretty! A little heavier than I expected but for the protection you get, it's an easy trade off. Also, the buttons are going to take some getting used to. Can't feel if you're pushing down hard enough but they do work. So as of now, I totally love it.