Will Carrier Stores be getting the New SE on Fri?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HickDead, Mar 22, 2017.

1. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Specifically T-Mobile.....Or is this going to be an Apple exclusive at first?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Likely Apple first. I know my carrier will not have it in stock on Friday. You could call T-Mobile to confirm.

3. hkoster1 macrumors regular

I decided not to take a chance on that and just unpacked my brand-new SE 64GB obtained from T-Mobile NL at a price exactly halfway between those of the new 32 and 128GB models.

4. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Hopefully TMo will get the newer storage SE versions or maybe discount the current 64GB one.

Either way I'll be picking up an SE by Saturday from them.

5. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Quick update. T-Mobile will be selling the new storage SE versions tomorrow morning at 8 AM PST. I would assume that the other 3 big carriers will be doing the same. Apparently this will not be just an Apple store/online exclusive.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

T mobile was great for me when I bought my se last October. I paid full price and got it unlocked quickly. Is the se not a universal phone like the 6s? I thought they were all basically the same phone unlike the 7.

7. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

I believe you are correct Vince Black. The T-Mobile version of the SE is universal.... at least that's what an Apple rep told me a while back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Lol you know my alias! Did not know too many people watched that show :)

9. HickDead thread starter macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Yessir! Love that show along with many other 80s/90s action shows. Dutch Dixon was a great villain.

Back to the SE..... I'm either gonna pick up the 32GB (or the 64GB if it's being discounted for the same price).

I know that Apple said the only difference is going to be the storage upgrade - but does anyone else think that they may upgrade other components as well like fixing the rattling power button and possibly make it more water resistant???

10. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Unfortunately not. Apple likely only upgraded the storage. And at a $400 price point, they won't make any other physical changes to the The chassis or water resistance.

I Agree that the power button was annoying when I owned the SE, it would rattle. Great iPhone though.