Will Cases in Apple Stores Be Sold Out??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DataRiff, Jun 18, 2010.

1. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

I just called my local Apples store (5th ave, so I know they've always got lots of stock) to ask when they will carry iPhone 4 cases, and the sales associate said they would have some on launch day... Do any of you have experience with buying cases in the Apple store on launch day? Do they sell out really quickly?

Thanks!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I've always gone with a mate on launch day. One of us has q'd the other has gone and purchased cases. Do they sell quick? Hell yeah!

3. DataRiff thread starter macrumors member

DataRiff

Hmm, thanks! I think I'll head right over to the Apple store after I hopefully get my phone delivered and activated... I just don't want to buy a crappy temporary case... but I may have to :-/

4. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

I wonder if I show up late in the day on the 24th, whether they'd still have the bumpers. I am loathe to ordering cheap eBay knick-knacks, but AT&T didn't have the option to order a bumper case. I'd hate for my iPhone to go a few days/weeks without protection.

5. DataRiff thread starter macrumors member

DataRiff

I'm planning on heading into the Apple store around 1am on the 25th to look for cases, I've been to that location (5th ave) at all hours. I once made a genius bar appt for 3:30 am, ha. I just hope they've got some left in the wee hours of the morn and that it's not mobbed with people.

6. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

lol, I did NOT know the 5th Ave store is open all hours, and that you could make a Genius bar appointment at any time. Man, if I were in the city, I'd do that too.

7. DataRiff thread starter macrumors member

DataRiff

Oh yes, it is 24 hours, and I live exactly 2 blocks away... I go there all the time to buy cases, software, new computers (which I shouldn't do all the time buy can't help it), and all sorts of random things... Two of the employees there recognized me once on the street... I am slightly embarrassed...

8. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

Major case of envy here. I love the 5th Ave store (who doesn't), and I'd love to be able to go at a time when it is not teeming with tourists. Everytime I am there, I just end up buying random things I probably don't reaaally need, but can't help buying.
    Next time I am in the City, I'll definitely visit during the wee hours as well. Do let us know how your midnight sojourn turns out!

9. DataRiff thread starter macrumors member

DataRiff

Yes, I shall do so! I may go even later than 1am if there are still busloads of people waiting to pick up iPhones!

10. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I ordered the apple case online due to concern about in-store availability.

By the time I started thinking about getting the Apple iPad case (which I love btw), no store anywhere near me had it in stock. I ended up ordering online and had to wait nearly a month to get it- in fact it just arrived two days ago.

11. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

A 24hr. Apple Store...my god. You are the luckiest person in the world! Although, I'm glad I don't have an Apple Store like that near me. I'd be there way to much!

We used to have a Good Guys in Hollywood that was open 24hrs a day. When I was younger, my friends and I would go out there all the time cause we thought it was cool to shop for electronics in the wee hours of the morning. I'm such a geek. haha

12. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I work next the Bryant Park in NYC and was considering taxi'ing it to the 5th Ave store on the 24th to grab a case but I figure it'll be absolute hell in the Mormons and they'll all be sold out after I get out of work.

I'll prolly call anyway. I'd want to avoid the huge lines even tho I don't need a phone.

13. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Thats what I plan on doing too after it gets delivered.