Will charge with wall adapter, wont charge via laptop USB except for one port!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheScavenger, Jan 2, 2008.

1. TheScavenger macrumors regular

My iPhone will charge if I use my wall adapter. It won't charge on either one of the USB ports on my PowerBook G4. However, it will charge on my girlfriends MacBook but only in the front USB port and not the back one. I tried switching USB cables but that didn't help. Whats the deal?

Josh

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

i think that not all usb ports have power that can pass through them... (or at least not enough power to charge something) ... i know they sell powered USB hubs (for this kind of thing) and they sell un-powered hubs (if you were to connect a bunch of jump drives) ...

Maybe the powerbook is so old that it doesn't have powered usb ports and the mac book only has 1 ?? ...

3. TheScavenger thread starter macrumors regular

I just restarted both laptops and now all of the USB ports are functioning properly. That is the first time I have ever restarted a Mac to fix a problem :rolleyes: