Will checking "sync bookmarks" erase the bookmarks in Safari or merge them?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MythicFrost, Sep 25, 2011.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi,

I'm about to sync an iPad and I'm wondering if by checking "sync bookmarks" it will automatically erase all of them on the iPad? Or will they be merged?

Thanks.

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I don't think it will erase them but add them on top of the one u already have?! I would say go for the merge. that's what I usually do for mobileme sync merged from my mac instead of iphone, ipad or mobileme account. Don't make the same mistake that I did with google sync and mobile together it was a pretty big mess with everything duplicated and took me all day to get my stuff back to normal lol

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I'm aware that's what merge does, but I'm wondering if it'll give me that option?

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I can't remember cuz all my stuff are over the air you can give it a try and let me know. :D

5. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Haha, I might wait and see if anyone can tell me whether it'll let me merge them or not, and I'll let you know how it goes :p

6. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Bump...

I've got bookmarks on Safari on a MacBook Pro, and separate bookmarks on Safari on an iPad. By checking sync bookmarks (not MobileMe) will it merge the bookmarks or erase the bookmarks on the iPad? Anyone know?

7. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Confirmed that it does allow you to merge them, unless you specify otherwise.