Will China Mobile 5S have GSM frequencies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Temuco, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Temuco macrumors newbie

I live in China but travel frequently to the US. Having the new 4G system working on China Mobile should be a big plus. But it does does not sound like that phone is going to be compatible with other GSM networks. Does anyone know if the phone will have multiple frequencies? Or will it just work on the China mobile system.

I change sims when I go to the US and use AT&T instead of my current carrier which is China Unicom. It's going to be very bad if I have to pay for China Mobile service in the US and for other countries I visit. I would really like to know the technical specifications or the ability for this new ChinaMobile compatible phone to work on different frequencies.

I don't plan to buy a new iPhone until the iPhone 6 comes out next year. I'm hoping that it will have multiple frequency compatibility so I can change Sims like I'm doing now and use a local carrier in the US.

Does anyone know if the China Mobile phone has a limited function? Will it only work with China Mobile? Or will it be compatible with other US systems?

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Yes, it will be compatible on GSM. The China Mobile version is the GSM version. You probably won't be able to use the phone on China Unicom if the 5S is SIM locked. I think the models coming from China Mobile are going to be fully unlocked but I would confirm that with China Mobile if I were you.