Will COD Run On My IMac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Macman45, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The spec. List says no onboard graphics, but the dates are older, don't want to buy it if it wont run under lion.:)

2. mfr1340 macrumors regular

I just bought the 15" MBP with the 4gig ram (ordered the other 4 gig ram) so I could play games, I returned my new 13"AIR 4/256 and got the macbook pro. As soon as I got home and installed the Lyon, I went online and downloaded the COD4. I started to play right away. Everything worked great. I didn't have to change settings or do anything, just play. I also had a speck case (Satin finish) sitting waiting to install. I also had a bt mouse, keyboard, and track pad that were hooked with ease. This computer is fast.:)

3. skasol macrumors 6502

4. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

5. MacbookAlum1536 macrumors regular

MacbookAlum1536

Related question: With the system in my signature, How well would it run COD: World at War if i run it through virtualization on windows using boot camp?

Which operating system would be best for playing it I know WAW supported Windows XP and Vista originally and will run on 7 so I should ask which will run best on my MacBook? Good places to buy Windows cheap?

Thanks for any help and sorry for the thread jacking.

6. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Should Have Stressed

That I want to run the game in Lion.....No bootcamp Windoze for me :D

7. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Bootcamp isn't virtualisation (which is kind of the point ;)) I really doubt you'd see any difference between OS versions, but I suppose the 'best' would probably be XP. To be honest the 9400M really isn't up to much, so don't expect awesome performance.

If you're talking about the 27" iMac in your signature then it will work under Lion (your card is dedicated).

8. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Thanks For That

I thought so, my card is well above the listed requirements :)

9. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Seems The Only One

I have not played is the cheapest:) £13.99 so am going to take the plunge...Just be interested to see what it looks like on a 27" screen :D

10. Markovich macrumors newbie

Which version of COD? I have a new 27" iMac and run the original COD and COD UO just fine. Mind you, it is the original PPC version since the updated Intel version refuses to work, especially on multiplayer. Aspyr seriously dropped the ball on that one.

11. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

You'd be able to max any of the CoD games most likely, they are quite easy to run.