Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, I'm planning on purchasing a used MacBook in the next few days but want to know whether the model I'm planning on purchasing will support the new features announced in OS X Yosemite.

The model is a MacBook Pro MD313LL/A 13.3-Inch, its the late 2011 MacBook Pro.

Basically I want to know if Continuity will be supported and if the functions such as SMS and Calling from my macbook will be supported.

So if anyone who has this computer or an older one is running 10.10 and can confirm they work or don't please let me know.

Thanks!!

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Since this is a WiFi function, this should work.

With Yosemite, Apple has no plans on selecting models to support a certain amount of user features only.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
Since this is a WiFi function, this should work.

With Yosemite, Apple has no plans on selecting models to support a certain amount of user features only.

Source???

I don't think any of us will know for certain until we have a fully functioning version of continuity.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Source???

I don't think any of us will know for certain until we have a fully functioning version of continuity.

I agree...apparently, no one on this forum knows the requirements for Continuity. I would assume Continuity uses both Bluetooth 4.0 and Wifi (not sure which standard).

Maybe next week Beta 2 will shed light on this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.