will CS:GO work on base 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rip-the-jacker, Mar 31, 2016.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

hey guys,

i am going to be ordering the base MBP 15" soon, will not be used for gaming at all...but as i thought about it more, the ONE game i wouldn't mind getting back into is CS:GO.

will this run well on the base MBP? all i need is a gaming mouse cheap of the bay, and will be ready to rock.

cheers, RTJ

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

I can run that game on my Atom-powered Windows tablet. The Iris Pro GPU on the base MacBook Pro won't have any trouble as long as you don't try to run it at full 2880x1800 resolution. 1080p should be just fine, or drop it to 1440x900 if you want better scaling.

3. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

cheers for the reply dude, thats good to know, I'm not obsessed with resolutions etc, so any setting won't be an issue, glad to know it will run ok, now all i need to do is buy this damn laptop.

RTJ

4. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

The Iris Pro laptop will run most games still...sure not on high but it should run games up to battlefield 4 on medium to low settings at 30 fps. I could be wrong but I heard the Iris Pro is pretty close to the 650m and I can play those games no problem.