Will Current Apps Run on an iPod Touch 3G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Surreptitious, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Surreptitious macrumors newbie

I haven't had an iPod Touch before and I am super hyped to see whats announced and will be buying one as soon as possible. I have made a list of applications I want to get. But I don't know if any will work when the 3G iPod Touch comes out.

Assuming the screen resolution and OS 3.0 is still the same wouldn't they work? Or will everyone need to update their applications? How long will it take until they are mostly all updated?

Thanks.

2. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Well, I don't feel that weird anymore because I've made a list as well xD (And I also have never owned an iPod Touch)
    But I'm pretty sure that they will work, because it's the same Firmware, just new hardware.

3. omnomnomno macrumors newbie

All of the apps will work fine on the new ipod touch. A change in screen resolution is extremely unlikely.

4. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

They will all work and even if the screen changed I'm sure they would still work. If the apps you want are free I would download them now to make sure they dont get removed or become paid apps.

5. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Many apps simply were updated when 3.0 came out. If the new TOUCH adds hardware features, Apps that can take advantage of them will quickly be updated.

6. Cask Guest

Most likely Apple with update the iPod touch to the same or similar specs to the iPhone 3GS. Since the 3GS supports every previous app, I would say it will be the same with the new iPod Touch.

7. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

The Touch will probably have new hardware, so the current apps will be updated to take advantage of the new features. But everything should work now as currently constituted.

8. 6daniels macrumors member

Yes they will work on it for sure no matter what.