Will Current iPad Apps work on the Mini iPad?

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I am considering the Mini iPad or the Nexus 7 to replace an older Nook. One of the deciding factors is having to buy new Apps.

So, I am wondering if the current iPad/iPhone Apps work on the upcoming Mini iPad, or will we have to get all new apps.

Thank you

overanalyzer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Boston, MA USA
Many of the rumors have suggested that the resolution of the screen of a smaller iPad would likely be the same as the full-size iPad, so the apps would run fine. Even if that's not the case, I'm sure Apple will just scale the apps in some way, like using iPhone apps on an iPad (but in reverse).

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
You're considering a product that doesn't exist. Get that one!

smh

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I am considering the Mini iPad or the Nexus 7 to replace an older Nook. One of the deciding factors is having to buy new Apps.

So, I am wondering if the current iPad/iPhone Apps work on the upcoming Mini iPad, or will we have to get all new apps.

Thank you
You might as well put several options on a piece of paper in a hat and pull one out at random.

No one knows...hell it hasn't even been acknowledge to even exist...think people! :)

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
You're considering a product that doesn't exist. Get that one!

smh
Sarcasm is always nice!

Well It is supposed to be announced in Oct, so it is not all that far fetched, at least not in my little mind.

Jolly-boo

macrumors member
May 8, 2012
Last year there were also Mini iPad rumors, as well as rumours of a curvy iPhone. I wouldnt bet on a mini, at least not base a shopping decision waiting on itthough it might make sense for them to make a small iPad. And they dont release anything past November for the rest of the year, except in other countries after the USA release.

duggram

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2008
The Android mini tablets are cleaning house without Apple competition. I've seen comments that the mini would out sell the big iPad. Why would Apple skip this market?

I hope apps get shared between the iPads. I just ordered two of the iPad nano covers from Amazon. Thanks for the link.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
You might as well put several options on a piece of paper in a hat and pull one out at random.

No one knows...hell it hasn't even been acknowledge to even exist...think people! :)
Some view the glass as half empty, and some view it as half full.

duggram

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2008
It's one thing to speculate based on rumors, quite another to ask for a prediction as the OP did.
What's wrong with his question? True, it's been answered in a couple of other threads. But what does it hurt to discuss relative matters on this forum?

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I'm surprised by the cynicism of the replies about considering future plans based on rumors. This is an Apple rumor site, after all.
I'm not surprised at all; seems some folks would rather not take the high road.

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
I'm surprised by the cynicism of the replies about considering future plans based on rumors. This is an Apple rumor site, after all.
Yes, but how do you expect people to answer technical questions about a product that is nothing but a rumor? Even when scientists speculate they do so based on the concrete facts that they have. There are no concrete facts about the iPad Mini yet as far as I've seen.