Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Henners9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2023
If I delete an app will my iPhone immediately stop sharing my location data with the app along with any other data my iPhone may share with the app?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
It makes sense that if you delete/uninstall an app, then there is no way for that app to continue to use your location data - if for no other reason than that app no longer exists on your iPhone.

Did you register at that dating site, through the dating app that you mentioned on another thread?
You might go to that dating site, and see what you need to do to remove, or close your user account at that dating website.
That may not be necessary, but you might contact that site with your questions.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
If I delete an app will my iPhone immediately stop sharing my location data with the app along with any other data my iPhone may share with the app?
If the app is not running I don’t see any way for it to be tracking your location, but you do have control over that.
You might start by revoking the location permission

Go to Settings then Privacy & Security / Location Services
The scroll down until you find that app and decide which permission you want to give it.

Your choices are:
- While using the app
- while using the app or widgets (only some apps have this option)
- Ask next time
- Never

There is no setting to give the app non-stop location access.

Besides Location, there are some other properties that you can give or revoke permission on a per app basis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.