Will dev preview 4 get a full update when the official version is out?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by likemyorbs, Jun 18, 2011.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I just installed lion dev preview 4. Do you guys think the dev preview will turn into the regular version via update next month when it's released? Or will we have to download it and install the official one? If it is updated, i may as well just fully switch over now. Also, is there any way to transfer my iTunes stuff, including apps, seamlessly from my snow leopard partition?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

"You will not be able to upgrade from the Lion Developer Preview 4 to the final Lion release." As a developer you will have access to the GM when it is released. You can use the migration assistant or just move what is needed.

3. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Well that answers the first question. But how do i transfer JUST iTunes stuff in migration assistant? I don't see an option for that.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Just copy the iTunes folder over and any .plist files for preferences you want to copy or I would think you can just make symbolic link to the SL iTunes folder.

5. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

Can I install the GM and then backup or restore from a time machine backup of the last dp4 build?

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Yes, you should be able to do that. Since the GM is not out, I can't be 100% sure, but I can be 99%, since you can do it now from the repair partition now in DP4.