Will European release affect U.S. availability?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rapidj, May 27, 2010.

1. rapidj macrumors regular

Will there be increased shortages Statewide with the European release. I'm on the e-mail wait list and wonder if I should revise my expectations for time-frame? Or does have nothing to do with the other?

2. and.sleepless macrumors member

We had the United States affect the availability of the iPad internationally for eight weeks. :cool:

Edit: Oh, I have no clue. Although I would say yes if I had too.

3. rapidj thread starter macrumors regular

4. MikhailT macrumors 601

The shortage will probably be global after the international launch. The factories aren't producing enough iPads to meet the demand, no geographical factors here. Apple probably took some units off the US market to make sure a successful international launch but a short afterward will distribute equally between all markets regardless of how bad the shortage is.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Today was just the start of the international launch. Next month it will be launched in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore. I suspect more countries to follow throughout the year. So if the current demand level is sustained, supplies will be constrained to a degree until Dec. OTOH, if current demand is due to grey market interference then demand will be satiated fairly soon.

6. Aydin macrumors member

Once the early adopter and hype stage is over, Apple will have more than enough iPads to distribute worldwide. It's very similar to video game console releases.

7. iKrl macrumors regular

actually it won't be until July and very likely until late July :(

8. pfft macrumors regular

Ha ha, Australia have them but the Kiwis have to wait.

Sorry.

(I'm not really) :p

9. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Hopefully it will. You lot have had long enough to get one. Time the rest of us had a chance