Will everyone be eligable for the $199/$299 iphone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GooGleit15, Jun 12, 2008.

1. GooGleit15 macrumors member

I called up ATT today and asked if I would be eligable for the $199 8Gb iphone since I am not eligable for an upgrade until 04/09. She had me on hold a couple of mins and came back with a "i dont know anwser". Can anyone give me insight on this?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Please search for the memo that has been posted numerous times.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Probably not. You would have to be into your current contract about 10-12 months, before you qualify for an upgrade or another subsidized phone. You would probably have to pay "full-pop" for the 3G iPhone since you purchased it before May 27th, '08. But it wouldn't hurt to call another AT&T CSR and ask to speak to a manager. :(

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Wtf? I'm confused... Apple said the phones are $200 and $300... isn't that for EVERYONE? Why all of a sudden is it not for everyone? wth...

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Unfortunately, that price is NOT for everyone according to AT&T.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The price is for everyone according to Apple.

7. newyorksole macrumors 68020

This is pretty sloppy, the late release of 2.0 software, unexpected july release of the iPhone, confusion on pricing, it's pretty frustrating.

Waiting for the new iPhone is getting hard, I was used to my music, internet and phone all in one. Wish Apple said "In stores somewhere between June 13 and June 20".

8. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I think Jobs was being misleading with that. It's that price for everyone...after the AT&T subsidy for a two-year contract.

9. theweber3 macrumors member

theweber3

The price will be the same for everyone. They didnt specify at WWDC. However, the last iPhone you didnt need your contract to be up to get a discounted price. So I highly doubt that they will make it so your contract has to be up.

10. LoganT macrumors 68020

That's because the iPhone was unsubsidized when it was out. Everyone had to pay the full price. The new one is subsidized, so I don't know really. I'm hoping I don't have to spend 400 dollars when I was really excited about only spending 200 dollars. I may just buy a a Blackberry Curve 8310 on Ebay and use that until iPhone 3.0.

11. theweber3 macrumors member

theweber3

Oh i see. The BlackBerry Bold looks like a good phone. You should look into that.

12. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

Ack, why are there so many threads on the exact same subject? Does anyone bother to browse existing threads anymore? :mad:

Here is the memo. Rad it ... http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/06/09/iphone-3g-the-details-you-never-wanted-to-know/