Will extensions allow ringtones without iTunes? Quick reply for third party apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MisterPeepers, Sep 17, 2014.

1. MisterPeepers macrumors newbie

MisterPeepers

Will ios 8 finally allow us to add ringtones say from a clip that a friend text messages me into the ringtones section of iPhone without iTunes? If not what is the logical explanation that Apple refuses to allow such?

Also, I'm wondering if the quick reply in messages will be part of actionable notifications for third party apps????

Thanks.

2. aidenh37, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

aidenh37 macrumors regular

Nope. Sorry.

I am yet to give iOS 8 a shot, but I think you won't be able to do this. Apple would try and get people buying in iTunes for their profit's sake. Sorry!

3. MisterPeepers thread starter macrumors newbie

MisterPeepers

Lame. My friend just switched to iPhone from Android (partly because I told him he wouldn't regret it) and he's asking me why he needs iTunes to add ringtones. Should I just say android is superior in this regard?

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

There are apps that use the music on your phone to create a ringtone. You have to download it from the app store. But it shouldnt require itunes after that. Just some music files on the device.

5. MisterPeepers thread starter macrumors newbie

MisterPeepers

I looked for this but didn't find it. Found one that makes the file but still requires iTunes to copy the file from the app and synch back to phone.