Will FCP 6 run on my 2007 black Macbook?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JAP101, Apr 18, 2009.

1. JAP101 macrumors newbie

I have a lot of video to edit and therefore wish to get FCP 6 or FCP Express. My laptop is a mid 2007 black Macbook 2.16ghz with 2GB ram. I was told that the specs are not powerful enough to support the full FCP 6.
    I know that the video I have shot will require a lot of work on the sound (which was not properly captured) and so I would like to be able to extensively to correct that.
    Please can someone advise me on which software my system will support and whether FCP Express is good for sound control.
    thanks very much
    JAP101

2. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Sorry mate, but I don't think you will be able to run Final Cut Pro (like the others said) on your machine. The minimum requirments on apple's page specify that an intergrated graphics chipset will not do the trick - considering you are on the MacBook Black, I'm pretty sure you have the intergrated chipset; however, the Final Cut Express specifications page does say that it will run on an Intel chipset. So, FCE is your program.

As for FCE being any good with audio?... I don't know the answer to that question. Another member should chime in on this one.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

FCP 6 will run fine on your MacBook. It's Motion that doesn't like the integrated GMA chip, as it is a graphics intensive software.

But FCP (and FCE) will run okay, depending on the format you edit in. SD (Standard Definition) will run smoother than HD.

And concerning your audio adjustment, it depends.

What do you have to do with the audio? Raise the volume, apply filters?

FCE will that for you. FCP might be overkill as you purchase five other programs which you might never use.

What format was the video shot on? DV, Beta, HD, .h263/4, ...?
    With which software was it brought into the computer?

And what do you mean by the audio was captured badly? During the shoot, or during the digitizing/capture (transferring the video to the computer)?

Sorry for the many questions, but with more clarification we can give you better answers.

And I'm getting nearer to become a G4 one day, instead of staying a 6502a. ;)

4. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Thanks for the correction. Sorry about that, OP.