will final cut run on a macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by benlee, May 21, 2008.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

? and if so how well would it run. Not for a main computer but just if I was traveling and need to do some work on it?

Thanks.

2. 66217 Guest

I run Final Cut Express 3.5 in a 2GHz MB Core Duo, and it runs fairly well. Not spectacular, but good enough.

Final Cut Pro 6 works, it is almost the same as Final Cut Express.

Now, the Final Cut Studio 2 is not going to work in a MB.

3. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

4. VIDEOSrFun macrumors newbie

this is prob. off topic

-but yes it should work.
    *and i have a question if anyone knows. I was going to start a new post but couldn't figure out how to because im new to this.

-but does anyone know how you can add the same color correction effects to all the clips in a movie and not just one at a time?
    ---plz help

5. steve2237 macrumors newbie

FCS2 WILL WORK on a macbook! I'm running it on my 2.2ghz 4gb blackbook. I only use three programs out of the suite; Final Cut Pro, Livetype, and DVD Studio Pro. My macbook runs all three of these like a champ, the only thing I notice is that it makes the fan spin up all the way. From what I've heard, Motion and Color will also run on the macbook, but the lack of a dedicated graphics card makes them nearly impossible to actually use. Those are the only two apps that really require the dedicated graphics, everything else can be run fine by the macbook's integrated graphics.

6. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Correct, FCS2 will run on a MacBook, but Motion will be unusable due to integrated graphics card. Trust me, FCS2 will even run on my PowerBook (but I had to trick it to install it).