Will further firmware updates for ipod touch 2g be released?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ikar, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ikar macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I was just wondering if apple is planning to release further updates for the ipod touch 2G, since the Ipod Touch 3G will probably come out soon.

I hope so, since there are still many things that could be improved, like the bluetooth.

2. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Looking at the current state of affairs, the original iPod touch has received all the same firmware upgrades as the second generation iPod touch so far. Of course, that may change at any time. Most notably, I'd be interested to see what happens with the next "major" paid firmware release, after the last of the original iPod touches end their eligibility for warranty coverage under Apple Care.

The 2nd generation iPod touch is of a similar vintage as the iPhone 3G (one is slightly older than the other); I suspect that as long as Apple continues to release firmware upgrades for one, the other will also get them.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You mean software updates? The iPod touch 2G only had bluetooth because there was already a bluetooth chip, but wasn't enabled for widespread use.