Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Openfeint is not the same thing and how can it be killed? Nobody ever cared. Most people skipped the login in any games it came in.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I hate OpenFeint. if I see that logo in an app, I will not download it. Some games that I have downloaded won't even let me play the game unless I create an account and log in, useless feature if your not on wifi or 3G (iPad on the road)

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
no - for the same reason that iAds won't kill other ads companies. Nor will any phone kill any other phone.

There's room in the marketplace for things other than game center

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
OpenFeint will not die because of Game Center. They just announced that it is compatible with Game Center and will soon have cross-platform gaming (iPhone vs. Android) via a new feature called PlayTime. I think they will coexist.

BuiltforSin

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2009
VA
I hate OpenFeint. if I see that logo in an app, I will not download it. Some games that I have downloaded won't even let me play the game unless I create an account and log in, useless feature if your not on wifi or 3G (iPad on the road)

Ditto my friend.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
To some extent, I really hope so.

All of these third party services (like OpenFeint and Crystal) are only adding bloat to games.

The features within them are usually REALLY slow.

PhazonUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
Really looking forward to using Game Center. I have plenty of apps that have OpenFeint and have never bothered to create an account on it.
Game Center kind of seems like Xbox Live...but on the iPhone, and I love how Xbox Live works. I know a couple of people with iPhones and iPod Touches so will be interesting to see where this goes.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
I don't hate OpenFeint. Am I doing something wrong? Or wait.. maybe I do. I can't remember. But Game Center won't kill OpenFeint just like Plus didn't kill OpenFeint. Or Crystal. Etc.

I do wish app makers would standardize, but it's not at the top of my wishlist. I participate in the networks as I can... none of them are really a PITA to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.