Will Genius Bar replace battery instore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swy05, Jul 26, 2009.

1. swy05 macrumors 6502

Sorry if it's been posted already but was wondering if the Genius Bar will replace the battery in store or if I'll have to ship it out to Apple. It's been almost a year and the battery life is absolutely horrible now.

I'm aware that the Genius Bar started swapping out the screens in store but, not sure about the battery.

I'd really hate to swap out phones because 1) I've got too much stuff on my phone. Backing up everything is just a pain. Most importantly 2) I've swapped my phone out a couple of times due to : dust under screen, uneven bezel, issues with screen, etc. I want to hold onto my phone and it's close to perfect (albeit the battery is dying)

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I doubt they're doing battery swaps in-store.

3. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Probably something you're going to have to hand over to them for a bit.

4. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Whenever you sync your phone with your computer it backs it up. It backs everything up, if you restore to a new phone all your settings/game saves/text's/notes everything is restored.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Exactly.
    I don't see why some people have an aversion to syncing. Even if it takes 60 minutes, isn't it worth it? That's somewhat akin to saying that because computer backups are annoying, you're not going to do them right before you take your computer in to get serviced.
    Unless you're syncing process is drastically different from most users, it should be relatively pain free and require less than 15 minutes. Even if it takes longer, use this time to web surf icanhascheezburger.com. That's what I usually do when I sync.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Yeah, if your computer is slow as a snail and backups take an absurd length, then plug it in to sync one night before you go to bed and make sure your computer settings won't put the computer to sleep that night only. I really can't think of how it is that much of an issue to sync, do you care to explain how?

7. Bjohnson33 macrumors 6502

It doesn't get any easier than that. Why would it be such a pain to back it up?

8. swy05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Backing up is not the biggest issue for me. I'd rather not do it but, I'll do it if I need to.

The biggest issue is getting another phone. This is my 4th and close to perfect phone. My previous 3 phones I had to replace due to massive dust under the screen, chrome bezel sharply sticking out on one side (extremely sharp), phone modem issue.

Just the risk of getting another replacement with some of these issues is honestly putting me off from swapping it out outright.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Weigh in your options; but you'll probably end up with a replacement iPhone....