Will genius replace my iphone 4 if...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Champ2, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Champ2 macrumors newbie

I have the error message "This acccessory is not optimized ..." constantly displayed every 2-3 minutes. There is no sign of water damage.

regarding water damage i read that there is a marker which turns pink or red if there has been water damage where as i can honestly say the only thing that looks like a marker is a solid white.

I am travelling away with work next week and will be out of the UK for 2-3months so it is essential that i get a replacement.

What are my chances of an issue like this getting a straight swap?
    will they have reserved stock for replacements? as i dont want to be told that my 45 minute drive was a waste of time and that they will send me a new one when they receive one...

your opinions?

2. Champ2 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

It just does it randomly, without anything plugged in? And you've already tried restoring?

Yeah, they'll replace it.

BTW, no need for a 7 minute bump.

Do they have genius appointments across the pond? If so, make one before you leave.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If there's no water damage they will replace it.

5. Champ2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah no water damage, its been no where near water plus the indicator is still white in the dock part

i have an appointment for saturday but my problem is its very sporadic now.... 10-20 pop ups in 10 mins and then nothing for a few hours. would it be worth taking video evidence for the genius

also anyone know what 32 gig stock levels are actually like for london/brent cross store

6. yettimillan macrumors regular

YES.

I had the same thing, they changed my 3GS.

7. adomanico18 macrumors member

adomanico18

:)

YES :D I had the same thing with my iphone 4 and they swapped it out for me.