Will getting a 16 gig iPhone make much of a difference?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UltimaLink, Aug 6, 2010.

1. UltimaLink macrumors regular

Today I reserved my iPhone 4, but I got a 16 gig instead of a 32 gig version. Will this be a noticeable difference? My current iPod Touch is a 32 gig model, and I currently have 27 gigs left on it and I've had it since April 3rd. Do you guys think I'll fill it up before my 2 year contract is over? If I do, is there anyway I can add more space? Thanks for the help.

2. celticpride678

Did you really ask if you can add space to a physical hard drive?

The amount of space you'll have left depends on what you'll be putting on it. Lots of movies or apps will take up space, plus music.

3. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

If you are going to film movies on the iPhone get the 32gb.

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Get the 32 or you will regret it. Especially in 4 months.

Trust me. Get the 32 GB. You will otherwise doubt and second guess yourself and detract from the ownership experience.

It's not too late to change your order is it?

5. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

I'd assume it's not, but it might be. Also why especially in 4 months?

Also to the person asking if I was asking about adding more space to the hard drive, I meant what would happen if I would open it up and put in a new hard drive myself? I know I'd void the warranty but I know I'm jailbreaking this thing anyway so yeah. Would it be possible to do it?

I'll film them, upload them to youtube, then when I get home, sync it up to my computer, then delete them off my phone. Doesn't seem too hard.

6. celticpride678

Good luck trying to find that hard drive.

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

If you are doing music, apps, and maybe podcasts go with 16GB. Videos will fill it fast enough to want 32GB. 16 is plenty for most uses.

and as celticpride678 is strongly hintin at, NO.

8. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Someone delete this thread, I was wrong and misunderstood which was reserved, I didn't reserve it myself, my dad did, but he said both our plans together was 199, not the phone. I still have to reserve the phone, gonna do that tomorrow.

PLEASE LOCK OR DELETE THIS THREAD, DISREGARD THAT, ECT.

9. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Are you gonna order the 32?

10. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Unless the extra $100 is a hardship for you, definitely get the 32GB.

11. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

From the first iPhone through the 3GS I've always gotten the one with the biggest capacity. I got a 16GB for the 4 because I have found myself to be streaming audio and video content way more than using the iPod. Especially now with HuluPlus, Netflix on the horizon, and multitasking for Pandora, Stitcher, etc. I have every song, vid, and podcast I want on loaded and still have 3 GB left and could probably delete more. It's all about streaming. I suppose if I was stuck with a 2GB data cap, I might see things differently.

I was worried that I might regret the choice to go 16GB and was fully prepared to exchange it for a 32, but I couldn't be happier to have saved that $100.