Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robE89

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
It's a bit frustrating that at least they don't say what changed from 32x to 323 because it can be something very minor.

I even did a full clean reinstall of sierra 320 and now i don't know if i should delete all and reinstall again :|

icanhazapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
To update 16A320 or 16A322 to 16A323 you have to re-download and run the full installer, which I am about to do on my 13" rMBP. Apple has chosen not to release delta updates and there probably won't be one until 10.12.1.

thanks.

Reactions: patjem

biopig

macrumors regular
May 15, 2014
I downloaded and installed the GM version which has a version number 16A323 from Mac App Store last week. So I wonder is the final version exactly the same as this version?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
+1

I was running on an old GM (16A320) and hadn't realised. I just upgrade installed up to 16A323 general release no problem.

same situation. here's my question: all i'm seeing in purchased is 'sierra public beta'... but am assuming that that download would be the final version now. was that your experience?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
If you're on 16A323, you're already on the release version, and don't have to do anything. Enjoy Sierra.

If you're on anything earlier, you have to download Sierra from the App Store and run the installation again. This will get you to 16A323.

Don't look in "Purchased". Sierra should be the first thing under 'Our Favorite Mac Apps" at the moment in the "Featured" tab, and should show up in search. Delete any installer you already have, and download that one. Have fun!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
If you're on 16A323, you're already on the release version, and don't have to do anything. Enjoy Sierra.

If you're on anything earlier, you have to download Sierra from the App Store and run the installation again. This will get you to 16A323.

Don't look in "Purchased". Sierra should be the first thing under 'Our Favorite Mac Apps" at the moment in the "Featured" tab, and should show up in search. Delete any installer you already have, and download that one. Have fun!

Yea, Apple removed the Developer Beta, Public Beta and GM downloads links/apps in App Store. So anyone will have to download the public release from the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.