Will Hinge Method work with Wet Application Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 6thDAY, Jan 4, 2014.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I'm gonna receive a bestskinsever full body protector for my iphone 5c within the next couple of days, and wanted to get other people's opinion on this.

I have applied many dry application screen protectors using the hinge method perfectly.

With the dry, there are 3 layers, in which the last step, you can peel off the top layer, which removes the tape along with it.

But with the wet-application, there is one layer.

I never had much success with moving the screen protector after it was wet and applied to the screen. I would always have to completely remove the screen protector and re-position it.

I've had multiple dust under the screen because of that.

I would rather wet the protector, and use the hinge method to lay it flat down one time, knowing it's in the right position.

Do you guys think this will work?

2. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Honestly it may be kinda difficult because the hinge method involves the screen protector having some kind of rigidity to it.

Your better off spraying the protector laying it down till it's in position and waiting a bit for the protector to adhere a bit then using the squeegee.

3. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

But that's the problem though, it never wants to move after I lay it down. I always have to peel it off, respray, peel it off, etc. a couple times until I get align properly.

And every time, there manages to be some dust that fly in.

I also do this in a steamy bathroom.

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Use a touch more solution so it slides around to where to precisely want it, then just be extra careful squeegeeing out the water

5. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I honestly don't think it'll work. You probably need to apply more solution so you are able to slide it in place. BSE protectors don't come with solution, so you'll need to make your own. Adding a bit more soap will also help make it more slippery.

6. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

7. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

It's all about using a TON of the solution! Use so much you're almost uncomfortable with it. It's the only way I finally got perfect Zagg installs. Spray, spray, spray!!!

8. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Make it rain!!

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Wouldn't work with any of the wet application screen protectors that I've used. If you're using a more rigid one it might.

If you can't move your wet application screen protectors I'm not sure why you're bothering with them. The point of the wet application is so you can move around during install. If you can't move it you aren't using enough solution. If you can't move it and don't want to use more then you should just apply without solution to begin with.