Will I be able to add AppleCare+ to my 3 month old iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Arnezie, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

AppleCare+ for iPad 2 will be available March 16.

AppleCare+ for iPad extends your repair coverage up to two years from the original purchase date of your iPad and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage.

Will I be able to buy this for my iPad 2?????

2. MajorC macrumors newbie

I had this same question. I will call my local store and see what they tell me.

3. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Yes. Applecare can be added up to a year from the purchase date.

4. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Not doubting but your source ?

5. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

If you read the Applecare boxes and descriptions, your warranty covers the first year. Applecare will extend your care for 2 years from purchase. So you can purchase Applecare as long as you are within the 1st year. I used to do some stuff for them so I got training on their Applecare product line.

http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html

6. Arnezie thread starter macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Well yes and no , I'm asking if they are extending the purchase past the 30 days you have to purchase AppleCare + I think your confusing it with AppleCare . AppleCare+ has to be bought within 30 days of purchase but like with the iPhone 4s they extended that. So I'm wondering since it was not available only the AppleCare not the + 3 months ago if they will let me buy it now.

7. Nothlit, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

Nothlit macrumors regular

I think you've answered your own question. AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days. I don't think Apple intends for AppleCare+ to apply to devices that were purchased before it was announced. It can't hurt to ask, but don't be surprised if the answer is no.

8. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Ah, I see what you mean. The Applecare+ is a different product line. While it's not retroactive for previous devices, you can always go to several local Apple Stores and see if they are willing to sell it to you. These will be on a case-by-case basis from what I know.