Will I be able to buy the iPad Pro when it launches?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Robinajax1, Oct 28, 2015.

?

Will I be able to buy an iPad Pro when it launches?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  1. Robinajax1 macrumors member

Robinajax1

This is what I ask myself all day... Will I be able to buy an iPad Pro when it launches? I hope they release it in the first week of november, and i hope that i will be able to pre order one... If so i will be pre ordering it the moment it is possible!

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I don 't understand, why would you not be able to purchase one? Are you asking about availability? ie. Do you want to know if people anticipate it being hard to secure a unit right away? I doubt it will be that hard to get. Certainly not as hard as a new iPhone at launch. It's a bit more of a niche product.

3. newellj macrumors 601

I agree. Price plus other attributes like size will likely make this much more available than a new iPhone model. That's assuming that Apple actually gets them into the product inventory and delivery chain, which was a big issue with the rMB.

4. Dave245 macrumors 601

we will probably hear something soon, maybe within the next week. I'm hoping to pre-order as well, it's going to depend on how many actually want to pre-order and buy one the amount of people doing so will probably be far less than people who pre-order iPhones (myself included) but it will also depend on how many Apple make and are available in the first batch.

5. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I really want to have one by the middle of December for exam administration!

6. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

If you have the money you will be able to buy one. Odd question..

7. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I understand what the OP meant. Those who only want to walk in and purchase the item (like normal people used to) really don't consider the Apple's announced date of release as true release dates - just the start of a race to get one.

I may try to hold my excitement and attempt to score one on black friday (with some sort of deal).

8. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

The iPad Pro is no real different then the current iPad Air 2, leading to the sense that the hype/excitement is not to great. The key differences between the Pro and the Air 2 is the screen size, screen resolution, A9X CPU, GPU, ??GB RAM, Stylus support and keyboard. For those who have been begging for a stylus/bigger screen this is for you, otherwise the Air 2 is perfect. The point i'm trying to say is Yes. You will be able to buy the iPad Pro when it launches in store or online Day 1.

9. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I'm wondering if it is easier for Apple to simply encourage us to buy online, even will in store delivery. That way they don't have to stock across their various stores.

10. newellj macrumors 601

I think it's pretty clear from the rMB mess that at least some people at Apple really would like to dematerialize ;) the physical stores. I would not be surprised if there were a week or so gap (in the US) between when the devices start shipping and when they're available in stores, and it's also possible that third party sellers like Best Buy may get them before the Apple stores get them. I would be very surprised if these are in short supply once they start shipping, although specific versions/sizes might be more in demand than others.

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I said NO because we don't know what you want to do with it? We don't know if you have an iPad Air 2?