Will I be able to pick up an iPhone 4 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsnuff1, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

I have been in Europe for 3 weeks and missed the iPhone 4 launch:( I fly in JFK tomorrow night and hope to walk into a store before they close and pick one up.

Since it has been on sale for almost two weeks does it look like store will have some sort of stock or is Apple still filling pre-orders/reserve lists?

2. starbot macrumors regular

have you taken a look at any over thread before posting? I'll give you a probability: absolutely 0% chance. zip, zero

3. jsnuff1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I also find it highly unlikely that every single retailer offering the iPhone 4 in the north east has absolutely no stock.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why are you asking the internet instead of calling those stores?

5. starbot macrumors regular

Northeast?? you planning on driving over 300 miles? regardless, I'll put a paypal bet of $20 that you will not be able to get one tonight. Receipt necessary, are you in?

6. auero macrumors 65816

Apple stores are on waiting lists, AT&T is on back order. Where else do you expect to buy one? I'm in central Jersey and there is NOTHING.

7. timerollson macrumors 65816

All Apple store shipments are going directly to people on the priority list. AT&T is taking orders.

8. jsnuff1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Deal I fly in tomorrow night 7/13 so give me at least one day ;)

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Someones iPhone is going to cost $20 less or $20 more.. I'm guessing more. :D

10. bobab8ey macrumors member

Yes, as long as you don't pick it up with your left hand.

11. roffir macrumors member

I went into an apple store in Massachusetts with my friend Saturday night and he was able to get a 16gb one without reserving/wait listing or what not. Just a walk-in.

12. starbot macrumors regular

Where?? Ive been calling everywhere in the boston area.

13. roffir macrumors member

Natick Collection, they said that by the end of the day they usually sell out but if you come on a day they get some in there should be plenty.

14. starbot macrumors regular

I was told something entirely different at the store. 3 week minimum.... also said no walk-ins have been sold. Ive always hated Apple and this time around is no different.

In other news, OP, where is your receipt (dated July the thirteenth, two thousand and ten)? Please let me know so we can settle the bet.

15. roffir macrumors member

Not sure how he got one then, but they had one. Also if your looking for a 32gb Best buy has some in framingham and milford. From what I heard this morning.

16. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I'm sorry my magic 8 ball is broken...it dropped and shattered because it's made out of glass.

Who the hell makes something out of glass that you are going to handle every day?:apple::p

17. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

It's possible. All the previous posts are iPhone 4 users who enjoy bragging about their beloved phone and how much it means to them. It's a shame, however, because a lot of people have/will have this phone in the coming months. Your iP4 isn't so special.

I walked in to my local Apple store on the 25th (day after launch) and walked out with one. Granted it took 3 hours because there were 15 people in line; my point is it is definitely possible. Just call apple stores and see if they have any.

18. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Radioshacks seem to be getting in one or two a week...first come first serve

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

Let's see... off the top of my head... the people who make:
    • watches
    • ladies compacts (mirrors)
    • some sunglasses
    • laptops

Oh, also smartphone and PDAs too.

20. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

Good point, good point.

I guess I'll just get another glass magic 8 ball and be more careful this time.

I wonder...do they make bumpers for magic 8 balls? :D:p

21. starbot macrumors regular

To OP! Did you get one? Lets settle the bet one way or the other.

Also, if i pick up the Framingham 32gb- is there anyway to exchange for a 16gb later?

22. jsnuff1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just walked into a best buy in the bronx today and picked up my brand new 32GB iPhone 4:)

I did grab the second to last one and they didnt have any 16s in stock, but still a big :p to the people that said its not possible...just a few phone calls is all it took.

And its a week 28 phone so its was manufactured this week and im not seeing any antenna issues or any other problem people are complaining about.

23. kizersoze83 macrumors member

That Natick Apple store is a great one to find iPhones. When the 3G came out you could check on Apple's website to see if stores were getting shipments that night (I don't think they have it anymore). Natick got them pretty regularly.

24. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Receipt? You've just saved $20 if post it.. :D

25. starbot macrumors regular

Yea, let's see that reciept (hopefully dated the 13th as per the bet). Let's settle the bet bro.