Will I be able to restore?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleHater, Mar 8, 2012.

1. AppleHater macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered an iPad 3, I meant the new iPad. :) Will I be able to restore the backup data of my previous iPad 1 to iPad 3? It's going to be quite a work to re-install everything and stuff otherwise.

2. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If you have an up to date backup in iTunes, no problem. But as all your apps are stored in the purchased section of the iTunes store section, I would set up your new iPad from scratch.

I'm going to do just that. connect to your Mac, when your new device appears you will be given the option of setting up as new or using your backup.

I will name it, install my apps from the purchased section of the store, then copy across my music, photos etc.

You could opt to go the other way and use your backup file, but starting afresh is my choice....There was a lot of stuff in my last backup that needs to go anyway.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

6. AppleHater thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you every one for the prompt responses! March 16th can't come soon enough!:D

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This is what I am doing. I've collected so many crapps (apps that are useless) I'm starting fresh and reinstalling as I need them.