Will I be able to teach myself?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Dingo Dave 69, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

I am wanting to learn how to make a iPhone apps as a hobby and do not have the time to take classes. Has anyone taught themselves how to do this from books and the net? I have no programming knowledge at the minute and was looking to see if this is worth pursuing as a hobby?

I have heard that "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Ritchie is the best book to learn from but would this suit a complete novice?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated guys :)

2. HarryWorksInc macrumors regular

3. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting vids, cheers I will have a look at these. Trying to find the best place to start from is difficult but its something I would like to learn.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Maybe start by checking out the Guides and Stickies at the top of this very forum.

5. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

I had checked out the forum suggestions but wondered if the books it recommended were ok for a complete novice or not.

6. drf1229 macrumors regular

drf1229

I don't see why you can't. I taught myself from the web, and I'm only 14. If I can do it, surely you can!

7. HarryWorksInc macrumors regular

sensing some ego...

Dude, i'm 13 and have 4 apps on the app store and yet i don't go around telling everybody every post.