will i be able to unlock 4.0.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by humble61, Jan 14, 2011.

1. humble61 macrumors newbie

I have jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3gs 3.1.3 new bootroom
    (MC MODEL) and i'm updating to newer version. But i'm not sure which filmware should i update to keep my iphone unlocked. i have heard there no unlock for 4.1. Can i update 4.0.1, is there any jailbreak and unlock for this v?Could someone advise me please.

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

You must have old SHSH files to trick itunes into letting you restore / install any firmware other than the current (4.2.1). Thus, did you previously saved 4.0.1?

3. humble61 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx for quick reply

sorry i didn't get you. do mean to touch on save my life on cydia? On the top of the cydia is says 4.0.1, 4.0.2 saved.

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

Yes. That means Cydia has your 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and so on SHSH files saved.

4.0.2 can be unlock so you can install that or 4.0.1 if you prefer. Download and run Tinyumbrella, make sure you phone is detected and highlighted, and then, click on "Save my SHSH". Download the firmware file you want to restore. In Tinyumbrella, click on "Start TSS Server," and then, restore with firmware file you downloaded through iTunes. Afterward, JB and install Ultrasnow to unlock.

5. humble61 thread starter macrumors newbie

does tiny umbrella work for mac and is there any specific version of it? which jailbreak?limerain or green poison?

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

Yes, there's a Mac version for Tinyumbrella. Just use the latest. You can use Limerain to JB.

7. humble61 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx bro, i will try to do it later on and let you know.