Will I be able to upgrade to the new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shuffles, May 12, 2009.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

Currently I own a 3g iPhone. Bought it last September. My contract wont be up for another 10 months or so. Will I be able to upgrade to the new iPhone when it comes out like the 2g owners were able to?

2. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

How come the 2g owners were able to upgrade to the 3g version then. I assume Apple would want all of the 3g owners to upgrade as well.

3. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I think it'll be like the 2g to 3g transition. You'll just have to extend the contract another 2 yrs. At least I hope that's the case bc I'll want to get the new one when it comes out and I have the 3G.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Because the 1st gen iPhones weren't subsidized by the carrier.

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Absolutely not. Punishment for posting yet another pointless thread of the same question.

6. jason72780 macrumors regular

Yea apple does want them to, but since AT&T paid the subsidy they have the choice in the matter

7. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

***RUMOR ALERT***

I read somewhere else that they are going to allow upgrades if you are 1 year into your contract.

8. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Got a link to this?

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I heard something like that if your monthly bill is over $100, but I'm not sure...

10. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Absolutely correct. No one that bought a 3G within 2 years of the next iPhone will be able to buy one - PERIOD!

Unless you bother to take the time to go out to AT&Ts site, log into your account and check your eligibility..... My wifes 3G was purchased last July and I got my 3G in August. We're both eligible. THE OP will not be because he posted here and asked a question that has already be asked dozens of times.

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

+1
    Great answer to a stupid thread.

12. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

You may be able to, if you log into your at&t account online it will tell you. I brought mine on launch day, then it was stolen, I purchase it again. With all that said, I check my account and it said "I'm eligible for a Up Grade" So check there first. That should help you.