Will I be able to use the new ipod with one hand?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by amycishere, Aug 23, 2007.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

I have cerebral palsy and only have good use of one hand and very limited use of the other. With my ipod mini, I could very easily work everything with one hand and hold it as well. However, I have just seen video on youtube of the iphone which worries me. The person is supporting it with one and working it with other hand.

2. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

I would think you could. I mean, I have the 30gig iPod Video and I use that with one hand all the time. The iPhone is similar in size and I can use that with one hand as well. I think you should be all set.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yes...

I can use my iPhone with one hand, but it's somewhat tricky at first.

4. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, if I do get it and it doesn't work for me, would I have grounds for a return? I wouldn't get in engraved if that has any affect.

5. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Do you have an Apple or AT&T store close to where you live? You could go by & try out the iPhone to see if it is something that works for you. Apple & AT&T have a return policy that would allow you to return the product. I don't know the details but I believe it is within 14 days. There also might be a restocking fee but I am unable to speak intelligently on how that is applied.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

I would hope so...

I would think so. Have you thought about explaining your situation before you order?

NO way you can check something out in store first?

7. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I will call and phone in my order and explain if an AT&T store isn't close. The nearest Apple store is 1 hour and a half away.