Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
or will there be lines and stuff?

I'm new to this mac stuff and have seen huge lines on TV for iPad and iPhone refresh, but am not sure if the new MBA will be like that.

I'd like to pick one up on the day it drops, but don't feel like standing in line. I play to get an 11" ultimate (whatever that ends up meaning when they release the specs :) ) which i hear they often carry in store.

I have an 11" air now and am not in a huge rush, but am on vacation so if it comes out would like to get it right away so I can tinker.

thanks

Bottomsup

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2011
Why wouldn't you? It's not a hot of an item as an iPad or iPhone.

I phrased my question wrong. What I should have asked is will there be lines and a mad rush resulting in out of stock. If I have to deal with that I'd rather just get it online.

thx

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011
You should probably get there a couple days in advance. In fact, go now, you never know when the airs will be refreshed. I mean, come on, even if you have to camp out a few days or even weeks, it's all worth it to get the hottest Apple products, right? ;)

No, you'll be fine. iPhone and iPad are the only ones known to generate long lines.

saulinpa

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2008
Unless Steve personally says it, there are times when the stores don't have new products for a few days.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I'm just really hoping they have the maxed out edition available retail do I don't have to wait for it online. :(

I was in a store yesterday and the iPads with product information showed that they do stock and sell the 13" Ultimate build currently. I assume the same to be true post-refresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.