will i be able to walk into the store and buy a new MBA on the day it hits

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bottomsup, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Bottomsup macrumors regular

or will there be lines and stuff?

I'm new to this mac stuff and have seen huge lines on TV for iPad and iPhone refresh, but am not sure if the new MBA will be like that.

I'd like to pick one up on the day it drops, but don't feel like standing in line. I play to get an 11" ultimate (whatever that ends up meaning when they release the specs :) ) which i hear they often carry in store.

I have an 11" air now and am not in a huge rush, but am on vacation so if it comes out would like to get it right away so I can tinker.

thanks

2. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Why wouldn't you? It's not a hot of an item as an iPad or iPhone.

3. Bottomsup thread starter macrumors regular

I phrased my question wrong. What I should have asked is will there be lines and a mad rush resulting in out of stock. If I have to deal with that I'd rather just get it online.

thx

4. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Sorry, but I broke my crystal ball. :D

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

No. It will be as packed as it normally is.... which is pretty packed.

If you want one, get there a little early, before 12.

6. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I'm just really hoping they have the maxed out edition available retail do I don't have to wait for it online. :(

7. Kyllle macrumors 6502

You should probably get there a couple days in advance. In fact, go now, you never know when the airs will be refreshed. I mean, come on, even if you have to camp out a few days or even weeks, it's all worth it to get the hottest Apple products, right? ;)

No, you'll be fine. iPhone and iPad are the only ones known to generate long lines.

8. saulinpa macrumors 6502

Unless Steve personally says it, there are times when the stores don't have new products for a few days.

9. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I was in a store yesterday and the iPads with product information showed that they do stock and sell the 13" Ultimate build currently. I assume the same to be true post-refresh.