Will I be able to...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rei87, Mar 28, 2011.

1. rei87 macrumors newbie

rei87

just walk in at anytime at the Cherry Hill Mall on April 8th and buy an iPad 2 32GB WIFI Black?

It'll be my birthday and I really want one because it will be my first iPad!

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Wouldn't it be a shame if they didn't have enough, but you trusted a forum rather than calling the store. That would make me sad on my birthday.

3. brettatk macrumors regular

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    depends what color shoes you'll be wearing. They don't go around selling black 32GB Wifi Only iPad 2's to just ANYBODY :rolleyes:

Yes there is a supply shortage now. Will there be a supply shortage in two weeks? Anyone who can tell you that with any confidence is either a confident liar or is breaking some NDA about Apple's production cycle. Or a psychic.. But I guess that goes along with confident liar.

edit: oh nevermind did you say Cherry Hill Mall? I thought you said Berry Hill Mall. I heard from a very reliable source that Cherry Hill Mall won't be receiving any more 32GB black wifi only iPad 2's until April 9th. But what's one more day right!?

5. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

Most Apple stores are selling their stock out daily. Here they arebtaking calls with the inventory 2 hrs before the store opens, then the line forms, and if they only have 5-10.. Most will leave empty handed. You have to call the specific store and depends on the demands in your area.

6. brettatk macrumors regular

I know. But I feel very strongly that if he goes there on his birthday and they have a 32GB Black wifi model in stock when he gets to the counter, then he'll walk out with it.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    U mean Apple gives out iPad 2's for your birthday!! No fair! I have to wait till May :( It's either that or use real money :p

8. ldobson macrumors regular

I can confirm that if you walk in to any Apple store on your birthday, providing you can prove its your birthday, Apple will retrieve an iPad of your choice (including models that they dont make) from their Apple Birthday Stock Room.

9. apd8 macrumors member

Wish you best of luck on your coming birthday. Plus, I think the stock situation should be better by then, so you should be able to buy one! :D

10. EdwardMoffet, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

EdwardMoffet macrumors member

This is another reason why apple is stupid and discriminatory! What about people whose birthdays aren't for months and months!? This is an absolute outrage that apple would ONLY give people birthday ipads on the actual day of their birthday! STUPID APPLE :mad:

EDIT: Jk Jk, I couldn't resist. In all seriousness I HOPE the stock issues are pretty much alleviated by then, for everyone who wants one's sake. Good luck on scoring one for your b-day though :)

11. frenzo142 macrumors member

LOL, you all are horrible (but very funny) people, esp. you, Mad Mac Maniac. :D

Happy birthday, in advance, rei87. Hope your wish for an iPad on your 24th (?) birthday comes true.

12. Silent Assassin macrumors member

Hilarious!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk