Will I be comfortable with IPad ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ninadpchaudhari, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ninadpchaudhari macrumors newbie

Hi, after experiencing the IPad I finally made up my mind to purchase a Ipad (3/2S) but just had to ask folkes over here if they can solve my dilemma

I am a Android developer [ not for Apps but for The other stuff-ROMS , MODS etc]

I have a Macbook Pro now which i enjoy as for development of Android stuff caz of its UNIX base !!

Just had to ask will I get frustrated after purchasing a IPad ...
    caz there is no stuff on Ipad except for apps as far as development is concerned ... [ a i mentioned i am newbie to Ipad I may be wrong, Plz correct if i am wrong :) ]

may be some other person who has shifted from Android to Ipad know this :confused:

I am definitely not going for other Android tabs as they are in no ways suitable for the word "Tab".

Help is really appreciated :)

2. snow blind macrumors regular

You can haz iPad 3. U might be happy but dpendz on wut you want it 4.

3. GearDriven macrumors newbie

1. Learn to code. Kanging roms != developing.
    2. Write a cool app
    3. Profit.

If profit makes you uncomfortable, then you might not like the iPad.

If you want to spend all day fiddling with stuff, get a touchpad and download the CM9 source and contribute to CM9's efforts. You can even play with WebOS while you are at it.

There is little to fiddle with the iPad, it works one way and either you like it or you don't. The OS is pretty irrelevant now, so it comes down to apps. The iPad has Apps that android doesn't -- so I use the iPad alongside my Android phone. Funny enough, a wormhole doesn't open if they are placed next to each other.

4. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

If you're not going to produce apps, I'd suggest you hold off on the iPad 2s/3. It took almost a year to get the iPad 2 jailbroken, and that's where you seem like you would excel; creating mods/tweaks/themes for the jailbroken community.

5. ninadpchaudhari thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks !
    That was amazingly clear :)
    So Ipad is gr8 for Apps !
    so i think i will keep my current android and + Ipad !

----------

OMG !
    is that the case !!!
    Rooting of Android takes place like immediately !! many exploits present lol

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

If you like customization, the iPad might not be much fun for you. Then again, it works (at least 1 and 2 did), and that is more than I can say for some of the Android tablets I have used. So much potential in Android, but sometimes you just want something that doesn't reboot and lose all of your data.