Will I be eligible for 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NiroshanMan, Jun 19, 2008.

1. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

So i bet this has been asked quite a bit, but im still confused.
    SO my parents and my have AT&T and they are not on a family plan. Is it possible to buy the 3G iPhones when they come out? My parents are half way through their plan (or they say they are), but have been wanting to upgrade to a family plan. If we cancel our individual plans and get a family plan when the new iPhone comes out will i be able to buy a 3G at the reduced price? Or am i considered a customer even with a new contract? If i can't that is BS, cause why doesn't AT&T want people buying their phones, gives them more opportunity to be getting money.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Unless you're elgible to upgrade then no you can't. You could cancel your lines pay an ETF and then re-subscribe as a new customer to get subsidized pricing. It's not BS because whether you upgrade or not AT&T is getting their money from you.

3. agbot macrumors regular

Log into your AT&T account online, click Phone/Device, then look for the "Upgrade" section. I'm no longer under contract and it tells me "This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement." I imagine if you bought a different subsidized phone too recently and weren't eligible it'd say something different.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Give AT&T a call, and ask them about a Family Plan; all we can do is speculate your particular situation. I've had AT&T send me emails stating I'm eligible for an upgrade on my phones and I still had 10 months left on my contract/agreement. It's a crapshoot. :cool:

5. kerotab macrumors member

kerotab

I'm on a family plan. When I check my account online, it says that my dad's line is eligible for upgrade now while my line will be eligible 7/11 even though my contact isn't up til November of this year. Perfect timing that the 3G iphone comes out that day as well! whew!