Will I be Eligible for Exchange?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by zockex, Jun 7, 2012.

1. zockex macrumors newbie

Hello everyone

I have bought a Macbook air about 5 weeks ago and I was wondering whether they will replace my macbook with the new one If I pay the difference?

Originally I was planning to go for 15 macbook pro but I realised it was too heavy for me so I went for macbook air. If they make the new macbook pro thinner and lighter (less than 2 Kg) then I would love to have that one.

Do you guys think it would be possible to exchange it when the new ones are out ?

----------

Actually I just looked at my reciept and I have purchased it on 11th of may :D So when the new one get released it will be just 1 month old

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Unless it's within the return eligible time frame, no.

3. zockex thread starter macrumors newbie

Mmmm thats quite annoying isn't it ? I knew about 14 days return policy but I thought maybe they would accept exchanging my almost new macbook air for new macbook pro considering that I will be spending even more money on them

4. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

5 days ago sure, but 5 weeks? no that's a little ridiculous. You should have done more research and learned there was possibly a refresh coming. Apple is not going to take back that machine at this point, sorry.

5. Blu-Ray macrumors regular

If you really want a MBP and don't have any need for keeping the MBA, you should try to sell it before Monday to get the most $$$ for it.

6. Snowshiro macrumors 6502

There's no guarantee it'll actually be in Apple Stores on the first day of WWDC. Sometimes it they just announce the product and a date when it will be available. If that date is a couple more weeks away it makes your case even weaker.

7. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

Per the return policy you may be out of luck....

8. zockex thread starter macrumors newbie

I think my best bet would be to put it on ebay hoping to sell it for £1000 pound (Including 3 years of applecare). Considering that It was purchased a bit more than 3 weeks ago I think its a good deal (Total of £300 below the original price)

9. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

Don't you hate it when the new MBP comes out, the 5 week old MBA stops working ....

10. glen e macrumors 68030

How many products do you know of after 5 weeks you can swap out?

Shame on apple for having realistic return policies.......

11. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Don't forget the large chunks ebay and paypal take off the sell price. If you want the most money for it, try Craigslist.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why is it annoying. You bought a computer just before WWDC and now you want apple to give you the new model?

13. zockex thread starter macrumors newbie

Well firstly I did not know they might release it now. I was waiting for it for a while and thought they will do it around march (after Ivy bridge was available) and I badly needed a laptop so I went and bought it on 11th of May.

Also I don't expect them to exchange it for a new Macbook air for no charge. I was hoping that I can pay the difference between my few weeks old Macbook air and new Macbook pro when it comes out (They can even value my Macbook air less than its original price since it is used).

It annoying because when the new laptop are out my laptop gonna be a month old and if it was 2 weeks old I could have easily exchanged it.

I will talk with someone in apple store see what they say but it doesn't seems likely.