Will I be grandfathered into unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sharrock, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Sharrock macrumors newbie

I can get an upgrade in September, and of course I'd get the iPhone (possibly the new model if there is one), but since the current scuttlebutt we're all hearing is that Verizon would be going back to tiered data plans. Since my current droid has the unlimited plan, will I be able to keep it when I upgrade to the iPhone? If not that gives me more reason to rush out and get the phone now.

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I think since you already have the unlimited data plan, you should be fine. When I switched the iPhone over to my Droid Eris line, my customer service rep said that nothing changed. Unlimited data is unlimited data... the iPhone doesn't have its own special data plan.

On a side note, just by activating the iPhone on my line, it automatically added Visual Voicemail for free. Pretty sweet!

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I have an iPhone4 with unlimited and am curious how long people continue getting grandfathered in

I may get the iPhone5 just so I can know that for another 2 years I will have unlimited (due to me being a bit paranoid and thinking that the iPhone6 will force people to get a data-cap plan)