Will i be happy with 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RobertWilliams1, Dec 5, 2014.

1. RobertWilliams1 macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    I recently bought for Blackfriday the Macbook Pro 15 Retina with 16gb ram and SSD ( Newest Version ).
    I'm Windows user for 15 years now. Never used Mac before, just i saw on my friends houses. All of my friends have Mac.
    So i bought this laptop after i saw an amazing reviews on Bestbuy and after my friends pressured me to buy it because they say that is awesome. It will be in my home after a week.

So now, i work as a affiliate marketer online, most of the stuff that i do is working on social media sites, Facebook ads and Twitter ads, also i use Photoshop.
    The main thing for me that it needs to be good is Trackpad. I bought a HP Envy 15 with i7 and ssd and 16gb ram, but i returned it after a day because i thought that Macbook pro will suit me better.

2. Ulenspiegel, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014

Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

You will be more than happy!
    Mac OS X is a different world. Better world. You will see!
    There is nothing better than Mac's Trackpad. I think you will enjoy all the gestures it is capable of, the responsiveness etc.
    And don't forget the Retina display that will open a whole new world for you when working with Photoshop.

3. Zerka macrumors member

You'll be plenty happy, at least that's my opinion. I, too, have used Windows all my life. I wanted to get a Mac for a new feeling, a fresh start. And I don't regret it. I love the interface of OS X, and I love the design quality of the MBPs. Windows PCs still hold a place in my heart, my current PC is still my favorite, but when it comes to things like portability, design, and interface, I prefer Macs. MBPs wouldn't be so popular if they didn't make their owners happy :p Just use it for a month or two and you'll find how much you like it, or dislike it at that

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

For recent converts I recommend David Pogue's book "Switching to the Mac". Does an excellent job of explaining how the Mac does thing in comparison to Windows.

If you try to use the Mac as a PC, you probably won't like it. If you learn to do things the Apple way, you will love it.

5. RobertWilliams1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

in my opinion i don't think theres any doubt you'll be happy with a MBP. I was just like you many years ago. Strictly windows/PC user. I was in need of a laptop switching from a desktop tower and I went to lenovo, and HP and wasn't satisfied at all. I caved and bought a mac and never looked back since. Takes only days to understand and switch to the mac environment. Also macrumors forums is great to familiarize yourself with a mac. I still have a soft spot for PC so i still use PC for gaming but for everything else mac all the way. Its the most reliable system I've ever used. As for trackpad...best trackpad on any laptop hands down.